Sunday, January 15, 2012

Professional blogging

No, I am not going to quit my job to write blogs full time, although that might be another meaning for the phrase "Professional blogging". I mean it in the way that I am going to blog about my teaching. I need to have a place to get all my thoughts out on teaching. A friend of mine showed their blog and it was so cool to read through and it gave me some great teaching ideas, so I thought that it might also help me to make a blog of my own. If I only benefit myself, then great. But if I could give another teacher some ideas, I'd love that!

So to start and to introduce myself, I teach music to 670 students, grades K-6 at Wasatch Elementary in Provo, UT. (It's the best school in the land) This is my first year teaching, and I absolutely love my job. I think it's the best one around. Our district follows a curriculum that was developed by Dr. Jerry L. Jaccard of BYU in the methodology of Zoltan Kodaly (pronounced "ko-dai"). It is a great program and have been loving (almost) every minute of it. There will be more of most of that coming later so until then, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment